The Only Choice in 9th Rep District House GOP Primary – John Marino
I have been so consumed with the buzz about Christine O’Donnell and the Tea Party Express activities that I missed this in the News Journal.
The News Journal highlights an Independent is challenging Republican in the closed GOP primary on September 14th for the GOP nomination for the 9th Representative District House race. Give me a break.
He are a couple of reasons to support John Marino:
1) John Marino is the ONLY Republican in the race. Even the News Journal reports that Tony Mirto is a registered Indepenedent. How can a registered Independent run in a closed primary anyway?
2) John has an long and outstanding record of service to the communities in which he lives. Although John Marino is a native New Yorker, he served the city of New York with distinction as a decorate police officer. When he was disabled in the line of duty, he chose make Delaware his home. And since then, he continues to serve his district with distinction. Most notably he has been:
- President Lea Eara/Summit Farms
- Retired New York Police Officer
- Former State of Delaware Forensic Evidence Specialist
- Former Deputy Director to the Delaware Evidence Specialist
- Former Deputy Director to the Delaware Chief Medical Examiner
- Youth Officer, New York City, Robbery Investigation Unit
- Assistant coach for Community athletic Association soccer
- Manager and coach for M.O.T Little League
- Assistant coach for M.O.T Cavs football
- Volunteer for Appoquinimink All Sports Boosters
- Volunteer at children’s hospitals
3) John has served the Delaware Republican Party in numerous capacities. I have know John Marino since I moved from North Wilmington to the Bear/Glasgow area in late 2003. John Marino has held numerous leadership capacities in the 9th Representative District Republican Committee, including Chairman from 2004-2005 (I enthusiastically served as Vice Chairman during his tenure). During his tenure, J0hn Marino’s leadership with the hosting the Comedy Cabaret secured another election victory for Representative Dick Cathcart.
4) John is a family man. Without a doubt, John Marino is a family man. This is a good thing especially in a time our history, when family values are sorely need. John walks the walk.
5) John has the conservative credentials to win. Without a doubt, John Marino has what it takes to win this primary and also the general election. The 9th RD race in my opinion is Republican safe, and John Mario is an excellent choice to carry the mantle after Dick Cathcart.
Given John Marino’s decorated career in the NYPD and his executive/leadership roles in the Delaware Medical Examiners Office, John Marino has leadership potential within the Delaware House. The key is getting John there, along with enough GOP members to secure a GOP majority.